New shoes are one of my favorite items to shop for. I love how a pair that’s in season can transform a look from last year or even years ago and make it look current. However, in the effort of styling more with less, I also try to limit my new shoe purchases to a few pairs that I need and can wear all season long. The roundup above is the perfect list to take me through spring and summer, and they are all under $100, except for one pair! Here’s why these are the only eight pairs of shoes you need this season:
- The Lola Block Heel Pump ($80): The on-trend heel will instantly transform your office attire to trendy and chic. Plus, this height is perfect for wearing all day. While the color may seem intimidating, I assure you it will go with almost anything and will add a pop to an otherwise drab office outfit.
- The Carrson Heel ($90): I have had this pair of shoes for over a year now (last worn here and here) and they are the perfect heel for special occasions or just a night out. Again, the chunky heel is on-trend and makes these so much easier to walk in. I love the navy color for this season as it will go with everything but isn’t as harsh as black (I’ve never been a fan of black in the warmer months).
- The Karla Espadrille ($186): The espadrille is one of the most popular shoes this season, but it has truly always been a classic summertime shoe. I am obsessed with the cute detailing on this pair! A shoe like this will be a wardrobe warrior as you can wear it with dresses, skirts, shorts, and jeans. My favorite pair for the season!
- The Odette Scalloped Flat Sandal ($70): A flat sandal is a must in your spring/summer wardrobe. I typically buy one new pair of flat sandals a year as I always wear mine out. I like to mix it up every year and have switched between embellishments, metallic, and leather. When I saw this scalloped, pastel pair, I knew I had a new found favorite.
- The Canvas Sneakers ($18): I have already talked about these sneakers way too much (see here and here) but for the price and the classic style, they just can’t be beat! I’ve worn them so much with everything from dresses to shorts that I may need to just buy another pair.
- The Chevonn Flat Slide Sandal ($89): At first I was hesitant about the slide sandal trend but now that more options have come out in pretty spring colors and with cute ruffle detailing like this pair, I’m sold. They are the perfect shoe for looking effortlessly chic, just slip them on and run out the door!
- The Campina Canvas Wedge Espadrilles ($98): A classic wedge is a warm weather must as it can be worn with flirty spring dresses or even to those special occasion events like weddings and graduations. This pretty pink canvas pair with lace up detailing is so girly and chic.
- The Leather Ankle-Strap D’Orsay Flats ($50): While I like to wear mostly sandals in the warmer months, there are occasions when you need a closed toe flat, like the office. The pink color is so pretty and the thin ankle strap keeps these flats from slipping off. You can see how I styled them with shorts here, a skirt here, and pants here.