Happy Motherhood Monday! This week I’m bringing you another holiday themed Motherhood Monday post. Last week, I shared tips, tricks, and ideas for how to style your family for Christmas card photos. This week, I thought it would be fun to share a gift guide for the new mom. If you have a friend, sister, or co-worker who is expecting or recently had a baby than any one of these would be the perfect gift for her! I personally received or bought myself each of these items so I can vouch for the fact that they are welcomed gifts as a new mom! If you read my post a couple months ago on my favorite mom and baby products, you may recognize a few of these same items. They are just that good! Keep reading to find out why I love each of these gifts for the new mom.
Holiday Gift Guide for the New Mom
- A Cozy Robe: Since Andrew was 5 weeks early, I did not even have a hospital bag packed and ready when I went into labor. Thankfully, my mom went out and bought me a number of items while I was in the hospital including a robe. I wore my robe throughout my hospital stay and practically lived in those first few weeks! It was the easiest thing to throw on after a shower, nurse in, and just lounge around in.
- A Cute Thermal Coffee Mug: Coffee is key to survive those early days when you get little to no sleep. Having a cute mug with a lid keeps mom’s coffee hot longer and makes it easier to drink around baby.
- A Warm Blanket: One of my coworkers bought me the softest throw blanket last Christmas when I was pregnant with Andrew and I am always using it to cozy up with him while I’m nursing.
- The Solly Baby Wrap: This wrap is a lifesaver for calming baby and freeing up those hands so mom can finally pickup or make herself something to eat.
- Nursing Friendly Pajamas: I talked about how much I love a good pair of nursing friendly pajamas in this post so I had to include a cute pair in today’s gift guide. This pair from J. Crew is so cute and cozy!
- The Dockatot: I have used this thing since day one with Andrew! Although it’s a bit pricier, it’s worth every penny. It’s perfect for plopping your little one down in any room, for co-sleeping, and for travelling.
- A Pretty & Practical Nursing Bra: Before Andrew was born, I didn’t think much about nursing friendly pieces. However, I quickly found out that I would need to add some key items to my wardrobe especially nursing friendly bras. A pretty, lacy one like this helps you feel like a nursing mom goddess 😉
- Luxurious Loungewear (Cashmere Sweatpants): As a new mom, I struggled with wanting to look cute but also just be comfortable. During those first few weeks, I resorted to staying in my pajamas or wearing sweats. I would have loved to have had this chic and soft sweatpant and sweatshirt combo.
- The Magic of Motherhood: This book is full of the sweetest stories about motherhood. It serves as a great reminder to enjoy every little moment even when it seems tough. I enjoyed reading these while nursing Andrew.
- Fawn Diaper Bag: A stylish diaper bag is a new mom must have. It helps you feel like you have your life together. Especially when you attempt to leave the house those first few times with your little one.
- Water Bottle: As a nursing mom, I’ve found that I am even more thirsty then when I was pregnant. I carry my water bottle with me wherever I go and always have it beside me while breastfeeding. A cute water bottle makes it that much easier to remember to hydrate!
- Instacart Gift Card: Meal delivery services, meals from friends and family, and Instacart are what helped insure I ate those first few weeks with a newborn. If you haven’t heard of Instacart, it’s an online grocery delivery service and a total lifesaver for new moms everywhere.
- Milkful Lactation Bars: In those early weeks when I was really focused on building up my supply, I bought and made a lot of lactation cookies. I love that these bars are a wholesome alternative to cookies. They would make a great snack for nursing moms while also helping to increase milk supply!