Happy Motherhood Monday! I’m continuing the holiday themed Motherhood Monday posts (see the past two weeks’ posts here) with some nursing friendly holiday outfit ideas. As a nursing mom myself, every time I pick out an outfit, I have to think about the practicality of nursing in it. Over the past few months, I’ve found the easiest pieces include shirt dresses, button downs, a tee + scarf, and of course, items that were specifically made for nursing moms.
Unfortunately, most of the holiday clothing options out there are not very nursing friendly. Determined to still look and feel festive, I searched high and low to find six nursing friendly holiday outfit ideas. Each of these six looks falls into one of two categories – either a wrap dress or a pant/skirt + button down combo. Whether you are a nursing mom or not, these six holiday outfit ideas are fun alternatives to some of the more traditional looks!
A Wrap Dress
As I’ve mentioned a few times (here, here, and here), the shirt dress has been my go-to fall nursing friendly dress. For the holiday season, I am replacing the shirt dress with the wrap dress. Here are the three I found for the holiday season and why I love them:
- A dramatic burgundy striped wrap dress – the color and bunched up sleeves create a dramatic party ready look. Pair with these strappy glitter heels to add just the right amount of holiday cheer.
- A luxurious velvet wrap dress – this rich holly hue will flatter any skin tone and the soft velvet material makes it oh so comfortable. Luxury and comfort make for the perfect dress for all your holiday festivities.
- A pink satin wrap dress – while I love wearing pink year round, I especially love it during the holiday and winter season. It’s a refreshing change from the typical red.
Pants/Skirt + Button Down Shirt
If you’re struggling to find a nursing friendly dress that you’re in love with, then turn to separates. They can be just as beautiful and festive while also being a lot more practical and versatile. Combining a chic pair of pants or feminine skirt with a button down, makes for the perfect unofficial nursing friendly ensemble. Here are a few outfit ideas utilizing these separates:
- An embellished button down and pink velvet pants – embellishments and velvet, what more could you want from a holiday outfit?!
- A plaid button down and sequin skirt – I love that the juxtaposition of this plaid button and sequin skirt. It helps dress the skirt down slightly while remaining festive. Add a pair of black bow heels and this look is complete!
- A red button down and red lace pants – a monochromatic outfit is so chic in my opinion. Opt for the color of the season and you’ll be ready for holiday parties or family photos!